Saturday, January 7, 2012

NFL WILDCARD ROUND PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR BAR MATES!!!!!  GOLDY'S is officially back and open a day earlier than I anticipated.  Today I want YOUR predictions on who is going to win in the wildcard round of the playoffs this week.  Here are ye old bartenders picks........

Bengals at Texans

The Bengals have had one of the more surprising seasons led by rookie Ginger qb Andy Dalton and Rookie wideout Phenom AJ Green.  The defense under Mike Zimmer (A headcoaching candidate for sure this year) has been steady and better than others thought, while the offense led by both rookies has done enough to win.  The Texans are not only playing their first playoff game but their first HOME playoff game this week.  We all know how Texas does football, and I think that coupled with rookies on the Bengals sidelines will be the key to this game.  The Bengals made it 3 teams out of the AFC NORTH (best division in football...just saying) to make the playoffs but unfortunately I think they the first to go too...BENGALS---17 TEXANS---24

Lions at Saints

I am going to surprise some people here.  I believe Drew Brees is the league MVP....I believe the Saints, not Packers, have the best offense in football....I believe The Superdome is a nightmare for road teams....BUT....I also believe Megatron is the best WR on the planet....Matthew Stafford and Kevin Smith are healthy....AND I believe this Lions D is on a mission to prove they are not the weakness of this team.  The secondary is banged up for the Lions and the Saints secondary is playing great football.  With that said this whole game depends on a boy named Suh and that d line of the Lions.  They dominate and this happens....LIONS---38 SAINTS---35

Steelers at Broncos

Regulars of this sports bar hangout know my man crush with Timmy T (aka Jesus little bro), but I am terrified as to what is going to happen to him when James Harrison comes to get him head on when he tucks and runs.....it will make the Colt McCoy hit look like a sweet lovers kiss.....I just can not see a way The Broncos have any shot what so ever even with Ben hobbled AFC north represents!..STEELERS---20 BRONCOS---6

Falcons at NY Giants

This might actually turn out to be the best game of the whole weekend.  Matty Ice needs to prove he can win a playoff game and The NY football Giants need to prove they are as good as they showed in both wins vs Dallas and vs the Jets.  The Falcons have started to really play well down the stretch by feeding the beast, Michael Turner.  The Giants can't seem to run the abll effectively when they need to, but Eli has an all pro new favorite target in Doctor Cruz.  I honestly believe the Atlanta Falcons are going to have trouble covering Nix and Cruz, which leads Matty Ice to ANOTHER playoff loss (J Flacalicious but the way drafted the same year has 7 playoff wins, again just saying)....FALCONS---20 GIANTS---24

Let me know who your picks are!!  GOLDYS IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS.....TELL YOUR FRIENDS

3 comments:

  1. I'll take, vs the spread, - Texans,Lions,Falcons and Broncos. And give me 'Bama on Mon. night

    ReplyDelete
  2. James I am with ya on bama Monday night as well. Broncos aren't going to cover though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm taking texans 20-17. Steelers 24-10. Lions 33-30 and giants 24-17

    ReplyDelete